Senior Product DeveloperApply
Coordinate the development and manufacture of all knit and jersey products for the VVB Collection
Senior Woven 70% Knitwear and Jesery Developer is responsible for coordinating the development and manufacturing of all knit and jersey products for the VVB Collection.
- Develop VVB knitwear and jersey seasonal offering, from 1st proto through to production handover sample, working closely with the Senior Designer
- Prepare seasonal critical path calendar for knit/jersey developments.
- Liaise daily with Overseas and European factories to launch and track developments, ensuring quality standards and deadlines are maintained.
- PLM data entry for development samples and related raw materials.
- Maintain up to date information as style develops and changes.
- Measure and record all samples throughout development stage to ensure correct technical specifications are within tolerance, preparing for each knit and jersey fitting.
- Monitor seasonal collection plan to ensure the collection is developed in the correct areas.
- Source seasonal yarns and fabrics according to direction of Senior Designer. Attend trade fairs as necessary.
- Maintain clear and accurate development sample boards and samples labelled for all meeting.
- Process all development invoices and update budget tracker ensuring spending and costs are visible; Track payment schedules with accounts team.
- Responsible for the preparation of all knit and jersey styles for clear and accurate Production Handover, ensuring smooth transition of all information from development to production teams.
- Monitor and maintain seasonal yarn and jersey stock levels with factories at the start of each season.
Manage the seasonal upkeep of all knit and jersey archives.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years of Product Development experience, luxury background preferred.
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of fit, patternmaking, construction expertise, product materials and knowledge of product development lifecycle within knitwear and jersey category,
- Strong communication and development experience with overseas factories and suppliers.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office and Specification Management programs.
- Inquisitive nature with a meticulous eye for details
- Excellent organisational, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet critical deadlines
- Proactive approach and self-motivated nature with the ability to prioritise and work independently
Deadline driven with a track record for delivering great results on time.